Ships' Computer Systems
Client: EFC Group
Project: Ships' Computer Systems
Supply: Modified Eaton COTS Marine UPS
Electro Flow Controls based in Scotland designs, manufactures, installs and commissions a range of tailor made monitoring, control and mechanical handling systems for the global Oil and Gas industry.
EFC was looking for a specialised company to provide modified marinised off the shelf UPS products and so came to Harland Simon UPS Ltd. following an industry referral.
Harland Simon provided a number of modified Eaton marinised 1.5kVA and 3kVA EX AC UPS to support communication systems on board ships and jack-up rigs.
As per the specification, Harland Simon manufactured bespoke cables and swapped the standard 5 year batteries for 10 year increasing the life cycle of the units and also supplied a 1kW battery charger to replace the old system on board a ship.
Dan Conroy, Harland Simon Sales Manager, said “Harland Simon worked closely with EFC to provide a reliable and practical solution using a world renowned OEM COTS UPS extending the life of the system to provide added value for the customer.”
Eaton EX Marine
- Marine approved UPS by the DNV and ABS
- On-line double conversion UPS with automatic bypass
- Rack/tower versatile
- Versatile tower/rack 3U short depth
- Multilingual LCD display
- Hot swappable batteries
- Power management software
- USB and serial port
- 8 x Eaton 1.5kVA EX M with 10 year life batteries - February 2013
- 2 x Eaton 3kVA EX M with 10 year life batteries + 1kW battery charger - June 2013
- 2 x Eaton 1.5kVA EX M with 10 year life batteries - July 2013
- Manufactured custom cables